Keko: “Make you dance” (ft Madtraxx).
I keep fantasizing about having Keko and Toya DeLazy on the same bed, and it’s with good reason: They are quite simply two of the best out of Africa today.
”Yho! This Keko lady is good! Where’s she from, South Africa?”
Keko is Ugandan. From Tororo. Yes, Uganda: The land of matoke, Museveni and that scary, world-famous, bogeyman-cum-internet-sensation Joseph Kony. (That last lie would be thanks to this piece of wonderful Hollywood show-and-tell.)
And wasn’t 2011 a good year for her:
- “Akello" [or "Full Circle", as some call it.]
- “How we do it" [The remix featured Uganda’s premier duo, Radio & Weasel.]
- “Black" [aka "All black everything".]
It seems 24-year-old Keko isn’t letting anything slow her down getting into 2012: She released a single with Naija’s Selebobo as soon as the year began, “No letting go”.
And following that up, keeping her showing consistently strong, she teams up with Kenya’s Madtraxx on “Make you dance”.
Yes, she does make one dance. Or nod your head, at the very least.
With a nod at her producer, Just Jose of the Supernova Music Group, here’s looking forward to the release of her album, “Kekonian”.
"I’m gonna make you dance - I’m gonna - I’m gonna make you dance…"
- The video was directed by the legend that is Clarence Peters. Not surprising. I mean, look at it. It just screams, “MTV, TRACE, PAY ATTENTION, COZ HERE WE ARE DAMMIT!”
- Anyone else picture Fena (Yes, Ms. FenaMenal) fitting into this clique? Methinks she’d feel right at home.
- "I keep fantasizing about having Keko and Toya DeLazy on the same bed…" Just so we’re clear, the word "bed" is oft used in reference to the instrumentals. So having them "on the same bed" is basically hearing them on the same track. Although I wouldn’t mind…